My God Is God


Moses wanted to see God, As a matter of fact, he longed to see God.  He pleaded in Exodus 33:18, "please let me see the dazzling light of your presence."  However, God told him that this could not be because no sinful mortal could look upon His face and live.  Anyway, to appease his longing a little, God hid Moses in a cleft of the rock and covered him with His hands as he passed by.  Exodus 34:5-7 revealed that, The Lord came down in a cloud, stood with him there, and pronounced His holy name, the Lord. The Lord then  passed in front of him and called out, "I, the Lord, am a God who is full of compassion and pity, who is not easily angered and who shows great love and faithfulness.  I keep my promise for thousands of generations and forgive evil and sin; but I will not fail to punish children and grandchildren to the third and fourth generation for the sins of their parents."  Therefore, the God of my Bible is, by His own declaration, merciful, gracious, longsuffering, full of goodness and truth.
Being omnipotent, He could be a tyrant.  Being omniscient, He could be intolerant. Being eternal, He could be indifferent to the needs of short-lived creatures on a small and insignificant planet.  But, all His limitless power, wisdom, and knowledge are so blended with infinite goodness, mercy, and truth that He is the one Supreme Being, utterly perfect in all His attributes, and the only Being worthy of universal worship.
I close with David's declaration: "This God is our God for ever and ever: He will be our Guide even unto death." (Psalm 48:14).

Popular posts from this blog

Nailing My Sins To His cross

I Look To You, Dear Lord

Laying Crowns At Jesus' Feet