You May Walk With God


Here is God's crowning blessing.  In addition to every other good thing, He offers us His Company.  It is hard to understand why the omnipotent Creator would want to associate with such lowly creatures, but the fact remains that He does.  He said if you walk in my statues and observe my commandments and do them, I will walk among you and be your God, and you shall be my people. (Leviticus 26:3, 12).  This is a wonderful offer.  If you walk, then I will walk.  In other words, If you want to go along with Me, I will go along with you.  It was a gracious invitation to walk together and it is still a gracious invitation to all.  Why not walk with God today?
Like all God's offers and promises, it was not made to Israel alone.  It was open to all.  Anyone who loved God enough to want to walk with Him could do so.  It is written that Enoch walked with God, Noah walked with God, Abraham walked with God, Moses walked with God, Joshua walked with God.  King David, despite all his faults and failings, inwardly coveted the experience of unbroken communion with God.  Contrite and humble he prayed: "For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.  I will walk before the Lord in the land of the living" (Psalm 116:8,9). 
Why not walk with Him with Him today?  Give up your ideals for His ideals.  Let His purpose be your purpose and close beside you, all the way, will be Someone who loves you dearly, who will be your Guide, Companion, Deliverer, and Friend through all the days to come.  God bless you!

Popular posts from this blog

Nailing My Sins To His cross

I Look To You, Dear Lord

Laying Crowns At Jesus' Feet