You May Have Peace

Our Bible says that God is a "God of peace".  Nothing ever disturbs Him.  No earth-born storms invade the holy calm of His presence.  He is always at peace.  With perfect vision He sees  the end from the beginning.  In the working out of His plans and purposes there is neither haste nor delay.  Can you imagine God being anxious?  Impossible!  There is no problem to which He does not know the solution.  Nor is there any difficulty so great but He knows the way out, "There is nothing too hard" for the Lord (Jeremiah 32:17).  The Son is called "The Prince of Peace," and it is said that "of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end" (Isaiah 9:7).  That is because He understands the secret of peace.  When He came to this earth and lived as a man among men, one feature of His life that deeply impressed both His friends and enemies was His perfect poise.  Harsh criticism left Him unmoved.  Unkind words never made Him angry.  Rejection left Him sad but not revengeful.  Even on the cross He prayed for those who drove the nails through His hands and feet.  Today, He is inviting the weary and worried people who followed Him to share His placidity of spirit. "Come and learn my secret." "Come unto me, all those that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart; and you shall find rest unto your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:28-30).

Popular posts from this blog

Nailing My Sins To His cross

I Look To You, Dear Lord

Laying Crowns At Jesus' Feet